The idea of couples therapy seems pretty straightforward, right? A couple is having problems, so they see a therapist to fix them. They sit on opposite ends of a sofa and explain to the therapist what they don’t like about their partner or what reoccurring problems they’re having. The therapist listens patiently and then provides sound advice while challenging individual harmful habits. And voila! They have the answer to their relationship problems and walk off, hand in hand, into the sunset to live happily ever after.
Unfortunately, life is not so simple. Like everything else, therapy requires patience, commitment, participation, and—this is an important one—for couples to leave their egos at the door.
Once this is achieved, the benefits of couples therapy can fully sink in, fertilize your day-to-day, and bear fruit to a healthier, happier relationship.
If you’re hoping to change or improve your relationship, seeing a couples therapist can be the first step.
Keeping in mind the previous requirements, here are some benefits you can expect from therapy.
- Understand the dynamics of your relationship better
- Speak to a licensed third party who is impartial
- Put your partner and yourself in a safe space to air out your grievances
- Take responsibility for the part you played in the relationship’s malfunction
- Start to see the world through each other’s eyes
- Identify and resolve relationship roadblocks
- Learn how to cope effectively and in a manner that does not hurt your partner
- Improve communication skills
- Clarify your feelings about the relationship
- Restore trust
- Deepen your intimacy and connection with your partner
- Become more self-aware
- Grow individually
- And so much more!
All this and then some can be obtained through couples therapy. If you or your partner are more comfortable with traditional counseling, we have spots available in our Coral Springs Counseling Center. Prefer to receive these tools from the comfort of your own home? Book a virtual appointment with Susan Block or a licensed couples therapist of your choice!
At Coral Springs Counseling Center, our mission revolves around making couples and individuals stronger while ensuring more emotional and mental stability. Our telehealth counseling sessions have immediate openings to see anyone in Broward, Dade, and Palm Beach Counties throughout Florida and the United States.
Don’t call it quits if your marriage can be fixed! Contact Susan Block, LMFT, and her team of therapists for your complimentary consultation. Our telehealth counseling services are 100% remote and available to individuals and couples across Florida and the United States. Call today!